The main objectives of the interCHANGE project are:
- Recruit a large series of 2000 cases and 2000 control participants in order to ensure accurate and robust findings;
- Apply a shortened lifestyle questionnaire to obtain essential information;
- Obtain high-quality biological samples (blood sample from both cases and controls, tumour tissue from cases);
- Interview cases when they return for an annual check-up and obtain a blood sample; and
- Prospectively obtain treatment data, as well as relapse and survival information.